Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cloves galore

Last night I made this. 44 cloves of garlicky goodness. I came across the recipe and instantly thought of my mom, who only eats garlic when my dad is out of town because he hates the smell and won't kiss her if she eats it. This is the man who nearly always prefaces his criticisms with "I'm not that picky BUT..." Yes, Dad, you are.

Anyway, I was a little nervous, but the soup was a success and my mom and I enjoyed two nights of this creamy, surprisingly subtle-tasting (because of the parmesan and whipping cream) soup.

Don't be afraid. If you are in an adventurous mood, try it!

1 comment:

Fr. Mark Perkins said...

Funny. My dad *hates* garlic too, and my mom also loves it. Though she makes it anyway, and my dad just has to deal. Helps that Will and I like garlic.