Monday, February 8, 2010

final list

“And Yet” - Czeslaw Milosz

"Finding the Broken Man" – Scott Cairns

"Possible Answers to Prayer" - Scott Cairns

"Snowdrops" - Louise Gluck

"Love in Moonlight" - Louise Gluck

"Revelation" - Robert Frost

"We Grow Accustomed to the Dark" (419) - Emily Dickinson

"As Kingfishers Catch Fire" - Gerard Manley Hopkins

"I Wake and Feel" - Gerard Manley Hopkins

"Up-Hill" - Christina Rossetti

"A Good Cause" - Adelia Prado


Plus 2 Rilke poems, including the one I posted last time.


Honorable mentions...

“In Common” – Milosz

“End of Winter” - Gluck

"The Red Poppy" - Gluck

“Wild Iris” - Gluck

"The Silver Lilly" – Gluck

"To R.B." – Hopkins

“Land of the Holy Cross” – Prado

"The Theology of Doubt"- Cairns

"The First Spring Day" - Rossetti



What a wonderful process. I loved reading the poems over and over again, aloud to myself in my room.


In other news, snow day PLEASE on Wednesday? Also, we should start every school day at 10. I smiled bigger, tolerated more questions, and persevered in spirit much longer than usual.


No comments: