Monday, January 25, 2010

updates

Provisions in my life that I enjoy:
1. Living with my family
-I am saving money. I see my dad a lot, and have a refreshing friendship with my mom and Hannah. Also, I've found that I prefer them to a lot of people (this is kind of funny to me).

2. Learning to cook
-I am pleased that I won't be a total domestic mess. I also enjoy it...stress relief and fun. Finally, there is instant gratification, which means a self esteem boost (kind of kidding).

3. Being at CCA
- It's a good environment to work in. I trust what I am learning and who I'm learning from. I am also making money.

4. Collin
-Lots of reasons..I could elaborate but he can only take so many compliments in one sitting and I'd rather not gush. I will say one thing:
Me = INFJ
Collin = INTJ
So, I mostly feel and he mostly thinks. As a result, I benefit a lot. He challenges and comforts me. And he's fun. And smart. and anyway...

5. PA community (Christine Perrin, Erin, etc.)
-It's a luxury and a privilege to see these people weekly. They provide necessary, timely, liberating counsel.

6. Not being a student
-I have leisurely evenings without a paper or exam hanging over my head. Also, I am reading WHATEVER I WANT, WHENEVER I WANT

7. Second City Church
-So many good things I could say. One of favorite things is that the pastor and people allow for the truth be manifested differently in individual lives. There is a richness in the dialogue among the people and I instantly sensed a sensitivity to struggle. Often the answer has been a call to seek joy with confidence; the reality is we are fallen and redeemed.


Aspects of my life I don't prefer (with clarification):
1. It's a challenge for me to teach young children.
-I should say "to work with young children" because I am not their main teacher. And it could be worse...I could be doing daycare, which I am not cut out for. Not now, not ever.

2. Being 500 miles away from Collin
-I remember anticipating the new ways that we would grow in our time apart..it's happening but...still

3. My apparently cyclical dark night of the soul strikes again
-This is significant...but on the other hand, I say oh well. All the provisions I listed earlier brighten my life.

---------------
I plan to be a bit more faithful this blog and so I thought this would be a good start.
Also, I have been complaining a lot lately, and this is a good reality check, this list. I'm glad I did it.

4 comments:

M. Perkins said...

It lives!

...the blog, that is.

It was good to read an update.

Hallie said...

Hey thanks! Yes, in the past, I have had a hard time keeping things alive (plants, blogs, goldfish when I was 5...) but I'm going to give it my best shot.

Andrea said...

aaaaahhhhhhhhh! i am so happy. this is wonderful. it makes me miss you all the more. also, i might (hopefully will) be purchasing a car at the end of the summer. maybe that will mean i can DRIVE down to see you next semester sometime. we'll see. the hope is alive.
i love you.
i miss you.
sigh, you are a dear friend.

Chase said...

Hey! I'm adding this to my list of blogs to keep track of. Nice to see an update.