Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ohmygoodness I leave for Hillsdale in six days to begin my senior year. This weird melancholy feeling is beginning to settle in. I'm sure it'll settle right out as soon as I hit the road, but still...this always comes. I'm usually pretty sensitive to my emotions, and I think a year or two ago I would have freaked out a little and wondered why I feel this way. But with all the ups and downs of the past two years, I've learned a little bit about adaptability and the fluidness of life...I kind of just roll with the emotions to an extent and accept them. There's a steadiness to that approach, which I appreciate and I think it's becoming a bit more second nature. Although, my journal may beg to differ, seeing as I try to confine my moments of emotional wreckage to those pages.

In other news, my pair of Diego Di Lucca shoes is a godsend. You may wonder at this proclamation, seeing as I typically do not idolize articles of clothing. Is it because this designer boasts that he creates "art to wear on your feet"? Hah. Oh yes, they are beautiful, but who the hell cares if I'm wearing "art on my feet"(except maybe Josh)? Actually, the reason is that they are the most comfortable shoes I own, next to the Tevas Andrea gave me. I wore these shoes (I will call them "Mary" because according to the website, that is their name) all day* and my feet don't hurt at all. In fact, my feet were aching this morning from my measly 4 hour shift at work yesterday, for which I was forced to wear my impractical black heels (I'll call them "Satan" because I think that's who made them). And wouldn't you know, I believe Mary healed my feet, because as I sit here preparing to go to bed after a 13 hour day, my feet feel great. Truly remarkable.

*All day includes church, lunch out with the fam, a 5 hour shift at work, and dinner from 7:30 to 11pm.

1 comment:

JM Rayner said...

oh, come now, i can't be the ONLY one who cares...

am i? really?